Last Updated: 10/05/21
We collect information about you for three reasons: firstly, to process any online orders/enquiries, secondly to provide news if you are a subscriber, and thirdly to enable us to manage the services we provide to you including but not limited to award entries and event registrations.
You may like to know how we collect certain information or data about you and your visit to our website and event platform when you use https://www.freefromfoodawards.co.uk
Certain parts of our Website may ask you to provide personal information voluntarily: for example, we may ask you to provide your contact details in order to register an account with us, to subscribe to marketing communications from us, to receive subscriptions and attendance at events and/or to submit enquiries to us. The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
We will be collecting:
- Information that will help us contact you in the future like: name, company name, address, phone and email
- All personal information disclosed by you to us will be retained securely and we will not seek to append personal data from external sources
- Information on engagement with the emails and SMS messages you receive from us
When you visit our Website, we may collect certain information automatically from your device. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area, this information may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws.
Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our Website, including the pages accessed and links clicked. Collecting this information enables us better to understand the visitors who come to our Website, where they come from, and what content on our Website is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our Website to our visitors.
Email and SMS Options
Free From Food Awards use MailChimp to send email marketing communications, both the MailChimp data centre and its support professionals are located within the EU.
By submitting your information into https://www.freefromfoodawards.co.uk into one of the data capture points you are confirming the following:
- You are doing so in your capacity as a representative of a company or as an individual
- You are over 18 years of age
- You are accepting the relevance of our marketing email communications
- You are providing contact information that will facilitate the communication between Free From Food Awards and you
We store our website data in a state of the art highly protected data storage environment within the UK called StablePoint. Your data will never be transmitted outside of the EU, unless you have specifically requested us to do so.
- We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements
- When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible, then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- To any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- To any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
Your data protection rights
You have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact options provided at the bottom of this page.
- In addition, if you are a resident of the UK or the European Union, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided at the bottom of this page.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you.
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
- We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Free From Food Awards may from time to time link to third party websites displaying useful content.