Free From Food Awards
The 2024 Free From Food Awards will open on 3rd January 2024.
The Categories are carefully considered and reviewed each year, on-boarding our learnings and those of our judges and entrants. The process is extensive and includes consultations with industry stakeholders and consumers before these are set. And we have some very exciting NEW initiatives!
- Entry opens 3rd January
- Easter Award closes 31st January
- 10% discount ends 31st January
- Easter Judging 6th February
- Easter Winners announced 6pm 15th February
- Entry to all remaining categories closes 16th February
- Judging 4th March – 26th April
- Finalists published mid-May (date TBC)
- Awards Presentation Party – June (date TBC)
Category Entry Fees
Cost to enter will remain frozen for the fifth year running, and is scaled to your company turnover:
- Micro – turning over £0-£300,000 = £105+VAT per entry*
- Small – turning over £301,000- £3,000,000 = £150+VAT per entry*
- Large – turning over <£3,000,001 = £185+VAT per entry*
*10% discount available until 31st January
These supplementary categories are £75 + VAT per entry (no discount available):
- Sustainability Award (the same product must also be entered into a main category)
- Start Up of the Year (the same product must also be entered into a main category)
- Tree Nut and Peanut Free (the same product must also be entered into a main category)
Benefits of entering
- Unique – we are the only UK award dedicated to free from food and drink, and as such we are a ‘go to’ for the free from & allergic consumer.
- Value – every entry gets its time in the spotlight with our panels of expert judges.
- Standout – our logo resonates with consumers, it helps them identify safe, quality products and outstrips other mainstream awards as a trusted certification
- Feedback – receive valuable insights on your entry, plus observations and insights on the wider category in which the product was entered.
- Communication – we support entrants across our social platforms which have a combined following of 16K.
- Community – join other like-minded and energetic free from professionals.
- Confidence – entering our awards displays a belief in a product which increases consumer confidence and trust in your brand.
The Real Benefits of entering the Free From Awards
The Free From Food Awards are the UK’s only award that recognises all aspects of free from foods. Launched in 2008, they are well recognised and trusted within the industry and consumer awareness has grown considerably over the last few years, totalling over 18k followers across social platforms.
Our awards recognise and celebrate safe, quality & innovative free from products and we are committed to, and invest in, supporting, promoting & encouraging quality, innovation & execution within the free from category and by doing so aid the lives of the free from consumer.
At a glance
- Differentiate your product or brand – our logo is instantly recognisable to and resonates with consumers, helping them identify safe, quality products, providing reasons to try something new.
- Entering demonstrates a strong belief in a product which instils consumer confidence hence the value in displaying an entrant logo
- Use the FFFA logos free of charge if you enter, are shortlisted, or win!
- Expert judges & invaluable feedback – every product is judged by a carefully curated panel ensuring all aspects of the product are considered
- Bespoke feedback on every entry PLUS you have the opportunity to add areas you would most welcome feedback and ask specific questions of our judges
- Insights on the wider free from category PLUS observations from judging sessions
- Entrants are supported across our social platforms with a combined following of over 16k
- For Christmas we will announce all brand entrants and medal winning products will be featured throughout November & December
- Opportunities to run bespoke give-aways at no additional cost (aside from the product/prize)
- Research conducted by ourselves and others show that few awards genuinely resonate with consumers BUT the Free From Food Awards, along with the Great Taste Awards do, with both acting as indicators of trust and quality. The right award logo really does differentiate a product or brand.
- And in recent research conducted by FieldAgent, the Free From Food Awards far outstrip other highly credible awards in terms of providing a trusted certification amongst a select free from audience!
The need for free from foods can create regimented shopping behaviour that can restrict discovery. An award-winning logo makes a product stand-out and compete within a crowded space:
- Products displaying an award winning logo can & do challenge consumer behaviour.
- For a retailer, offering a cohesive award-winning range of products prompts reevaluation amongst the consumer. It can offer a reason to visit a different retailer.
- If your customer likes what they purchase they will be back! The free from consumer is extremely loyal and getting it right for them pays, with the benefits extending beyond free from.
Showcasing your brand and what you do in short, snappy moments online is key
- Award shortlists or wins further reinforce this e.g. you can share one simple social media post promoting your win and garner notable engagements, shares, and likes – and we all know how the free from consumer loves to share!
- It is an increasingly excellent way of engaging with your audience and attracting new people to your business.
A unique collaboration
We are unique in the collaborative approach we take with every entrant. We actively encourage entrants to fully leverage the benefits of entering and to take a proactive role, sharing their ideas and suggestions and working together to add genuine value to entrants, making the awards a pivotal part of their brand and/or activation strategies.