To qualify for entry to the Free From Food Awards, all entries
- must be free from at least one of the top 14 UK-listed major allergens with no precautionary allergen labelling for the allergen/s specified in the free from claim*
- must be commercially available nationwide by 1st May 2024, meaning sold through independent retailers, online or a multiple retailer (except the International Recognition, Easter and Food Service categories which have individual availability criteria).
- must be available to buy from a valid UK website (except for nationwide in-store only retailers).
The full Terms and Conditions of entry into the Free From Awards can be found here.
By submitting an entry you are agreeing to our Terms & Conditions.
*e.g. product cannot claim to be gluten free and have a ‘may contain’ warning for gluten.
The Entry Process
If you need any help with your entry, please email us or phone 07790869706. There is a real person at the end of this line, so if there is no answer please leave a message or send a text, and you will get a reply.
First step – registering yourself or logging in
Head over to Account Logins and select
- Create an account with all your contact details. Please make sure to enter all details correctly.
- Log in to your existing account and make sure all details remain up to date.
You can access all categories to enter from within the account – simply select each category you wish to enter from the drop down menu on ‘Basket’ page.
Second step – selecting categories and submitting entry information
Either from within your account or direct from the Entry Page, select which categories you’d like to enter.
If you do not already have an account, at this point you will be directed to create one.
For each product, create a new entry form and fill in the 15 mandatory questions.
You can save the form as you go, and come back to edit it up until date specified – the entry forms can be found in your account in ‘Saved’ on the lefthand side.
Submit the entry form – at this point the cost for the entry will be added to your basket.
Add in any discount code at this point.
Third step – making payment
Please make payment via debit card or credit card. You will receive a VAT invoice by email once payment has been made.
If you wish to pay another way, please click ‘Send me and Invoice’, and make sure to pay within 30 days.
You’re now entered into the Free From Food Awards
You can see all your entries in your account. Simply log in, and click on ‘Complete’ on the lefthand side where you will see all your completed and paid for entries.
The Judging Process
Sending in Samples
Once you have submitted your entry forms you will receive an email (please check junk / spam) with the following details:
- Dates of each category judging session you have entered
- Dates for sample deliveries – a window of a few days within which we can receive your samples
- Addresses and delivery instructions
- Quantity of samples you will be required to send – all leftovers will be distributed to our partner City Harvest
Please mark clearly how you would like your product to be stored: Ambient, Chilled or Frozen.
You must make sure your product will be within date (shelf life has not expired) at the time of judging
You will be able to find all instructions in your FFFA Account, and download a Samples & Shipping Instructions reference grid in January.
The Judging Sessions
Our judging sessions are run with 3 – 5 expert judges – read more about them here
Products are judged blind and are made up by kitchen cooks to the instructions on pack. Products entered into the Child & Teen-Friendly Foods category will not be judged blind, for a fuller user experience.
Our judges can see the 15 mandatory fields you have filled in for each product, and can choose to read any of the extra details you have provided if they so wish.
The Results Process
The Finalists will be published online in May. Finalists will be able to download a ‘FFFA24 Finalist’ logo here and must adhere to usage guidelines.
Invitations to the Awards Presentation Party in June will be sent out – please make sure to log in and buy yourself a ticket. You can buy tickets for your guests as well.
Winners will be announced at the Physical Party in June (covid or any other pandemic allowing) and we warmly invite all entrants, friends, sponsors and judges to join us for the very best free from networking event in the calendar!