Drinks – Gluten-Free Beer, 'Mixing it Up', 'A Shot of Class' - Sponsored by Asda
For where to buy the winning products, go here.
Gold - Shot of Class and Mixing it Up
Twelve Below Apple and Garden Mint Tonic
‘Great natural fresh minty aroma. Tastes like Pimms, yummy. Summer drink. Would be a versatile mixer as long as you like apple or mint – very easy to drink. Lovely natural flavour and colour. Yes! No sweeteners.'
Good Living Brew Binary Botanical 0.5
‘A pleasantly low sugar drink with a very low alcohol level. Lovely fresh taste, impressed! Loving the tropical tones, very drinkable, perfect for people who want to try beer but without the bloating. Refreshing.’
Silver - Shot of Class and Mixing it Up
Sipling Alcohol Free Cocktail Moscow Mule
'Good approximation of a Moscow Mule. Lime and ginger very apparent, fiery. A good kick!'
Bronze - Shot of Class and Mixing it Up
Gallybird Stevia Drops
'A good idea for creating lower calorie cocktails. I like that it has no aftertaste. Expensive but would go a long way. Serves a purpose for those with diabetes etc.'
Sipling Alcohol Free Cocktail Old Cuban
'Interesting, complex drink. Plenty to explore. And savour. Pleasant and not too sweet. Delicious rum flavour with a mint backnote.'
Gold - Gluten Free Beers
Bellfield Brewery Craft Lager
‘Pleasant refreshing flavour – clean but with slightly bitter aftertaste. Crisp and clean, malty back-taste. Rich, fruity flavour and great carbonation.’
Mikkeller Peter, Pale & Mary Gluten Free Pale Ale
‘Gold, hazy, large mousse-like head. Good condition. Great balance on the palate, hop-forward, full mouthfeel, smooth and creamy. Difficult to tell this is gluten free. Well-made.’
Gun Brewery Numb Angel Lager
‘Clear, bright and nicely carbonated. Does what it says on the tin – lager taste but slightly different: sweeter, smoother, less bitter. Very refreshing and enjoyable.'
Silver - Gluten Free Beers
Mikkeller Space Race
'Very light colour, cloudy. Exceptionally bold favours – citrus fruits. Slightly bitter finish. Like it. Malts restrained. Peachy/hoppy. Juicy and hazy. Strong fruit.'
'Surprisingly light colour, clear. Malty, caramel, slight bitterness. Doesn’t taste as strong as it is. Assertive malt aroma and biscuit, sweet brioche, caramel, demerara sugar. Smooth, sweet, malt assertive, rich mouthfeel, clean, well-made.'
Bronze - Gluten Free Beers
Brewdog Vagabond Pale Ale
'Citrus notes, darker golden colour. Slight bitter finish with sweetness. deep gold, good condition. Good carbonation throughout. Assertive hop aroma and citrus grapefruit, pine, resin. Malts are restrained, some cracker, crispbread noes coming through. '
'Light and crisp. Quite sweet. Bitter. Quite creamy tasting, strong pleasant taste. Traditional lager. Good carbonation/head. Bitter finish.'
Driftwood Spars Bolsters Blood
'Bitter, coffee smells, lots of malt, roasted smell dark colour. Great taste, bitter malts, not getting fruit! Like it. Tastes better than it smells. Would never know this is GF. Slight phenolic on the nose. Rich, tangy, strong hops.'
- Virtual Presentation – Sponsored by FREEE by Doves Farm
- FreeFrom Hero Awards – Sponsored by Nairn's Oatcakes
- Retailer of the Year – Sponsored by Oakland International
- Innovation Award – Sponsored by Food Matters Live
- No Top 14 – Sponsored by the Anaphylaxis Campaign
- Best product from a start-up – Sponsored by Tesco
- FreeFrom Artisan Foods – Sponsored by Synergis Marketing
- FreeFrom Sinful Foods – Sponsored by OF+ Consulting
- Breakfast Foods – Sponsored by Warburtons Glutenfree
- Milk Product Alternatives – Sponsored by the Allergy & Free From Show
- Breads – Sponsored by Juvela
- Store Cupboard – Sponsored by Big Oz
- Pasta & Pizza – Sponsored by SYNLAB
- Snack Bars – cereal, fruit, superfood, grain-free etc – Sponsored by Romer Labs
- Savoury Snacks and Crackers – Sponsored by FreeFrom Food Expo
- Drinks – 'Shot Of Class', Gluten-Free Beer, 'Mixing It Up' – Sponsored by Asda
- Meaty & Fishy Ready Meals – Sponsored by Delamere Dairy
- Vegan Snacks & Meal Ideas – Sponsored by Jane Milton Ltd
- Foods Designed for Children – Sponsored by Genius Gluten Free
- Tea Time! Sponsored by the FreeFrom Food Awards Ireland
- Desserts & Puddings – Sponsored by Action Against Allergy
- Confectionery & Chocolate – Sponsored by Wellaby's
- FreeFrom Gifts – Sponsored by the FreeFrom Skincare Awards
If you have any queries or would like to talk to us about the awards - please email Michelle or Cressida