Confectionery and Chocolate – Sponsored by Wellaby's
For where to buy the winning products, go here.
For pictures of the presentations and the party – go here.
Booja-Booja Honeycomb Caramel Chocolate Truffles
'Nice shape and presentation; very creamy truffle but with the subtle crunch of the honeycomb – how did they do that?... Excellent flavour – would outshine any 'real cream' truffle.'
Retrocorn Rhubarb and Custard Popcorn
'Lovely innovative idea. Great aroma and crispy texture; the rhubarb really comes through and stops it being too sweet. Normally I hate sweet popcorn - but I love this...'
CHOC CHICK Plantain Bites
'Great ingredients and look great. Nicely bitter chocolate and plantain flavour not overpowering. Interestingly varying in size although small 'bites' deliver very little plantain – nearly all chocolate.'
CHOC CHICK Quinoa Pops
'Quinoa gives a great crisp texture although not much flavour of quinoa – which does not really matter as the chocolate is good and carries them, flavourwise, on its own.'
Truffle Pig Double Chocolate Truffles
'Lovely looking truffles. Creamy, sweet and rich without too much crunch. Smooth, delicious and more-ish.'
VEGO Whole Hazelnut Chocolate Bar Bio Fairtrade
'Massive fairtrade bar. Very creamy and smooth chocolate with a subtle but delicious hazelnut flavour running through it.'
D and D Chocolates Chocolate Hollow Egg with Raspberry crumble pieces
'Looks lovely – very unusual to have the crispy raspberry pieces in the shell of the egg – really nice. The chocolate is slightly bitter but the raspberry off sets it well.'
Enjoy! Organic Orange Chocolate Fudge
'Smells lovely, soft, creamy texture – quite strong orange flavour but good rich chocolate flavour too.'
Freedom Confectionery Regular Vanilla Marshmallows
'Good aroma – slightly resilient but still nicely soft – gentle vanilla flavour.'
Free From Fellows Gummy Bears
'Look and smell like ordinary gummy bears – great fruity tasty, nicely chewy– and tooth friendly!'
- The Innovation Award – Sponsored by Food Matters Live
- Retailer of the Year Award – Sponsored by Oakland International
- Freefrom Hero – Sponsored by Lucy Bee
If you have any queries or would like to talk to us about the awards - please email Michelle or Cressida or call on +44 (0)20 7722 2866
- Breakfast – Sponsored by the London Brunch Fest
- Milk Product Alternatives – Sponsored by House
- Bread – Sponsored by Ilumi
- Store cupboard – Sponsored by Orgran
- Pasta and Pizza – Sponsored by FREEE by Doves Farm
- Superfoods & sport supplements – Sponsored by Tiana Fair Trade Organics
- Products made with FODMAP Friendly ingredients – Sponsored by FODMAP Friendly
- ‘Food to go’ – Sponsored by the Nairn's Oatcakes
- Down the Pub – Sponsored by Asda
- Savoury Snacks and Crackers – Sponsored by SYNLAB
- Meaty & Fishy Ready Meals – Sponsored by the Allergy + FreeFrom Show
- Veggie Ready Meals – Sponsored by Delamere Dairy
- Foods designed for children – Sponsored by Genius Gluten Free
- Tea Time! – Sponsored by the Anaphylaxis Campaign
- Desserts and Puddings – Sponsored by Synergis Marketing
- Confectionery and chocolate – Sponsored by Wellaby's
- Bars – cereal, fruit, superfood, grain-free etc – Sponsored by Romer Labs
- FreeFrom Gifts – Sponsored by Tesco
- No Top 14 – Sponsored by the The Food Talk Show
- Best product from a start-up – Sponsored by OF+ Consulting