Winners of the 2018 awards
For pictures from the evening go here.
For the blog go here.
For where to buy the winning products, go here.
Orgran Vegan Easy Egg
Winner of the FAIR trophy for the Best FreeFrom Food 2018
'Fantastic product, so impressive, so clever! A genuine innovation in freefrom.’
'What a difference from all those dreadful egg alternatives that we have struggled with for so many years!'
'So adaptable - so useful - and such an amazing egg lookalike. Who would notice that the omelette was not made with real eggs?...'
Asda Dairy Free Mature Cheddar Alternative
'Not particularly strong taste but very pleasant and it melts well with no unpleasant smells! Great freefrom ingredient.’ ‘So useful – especially if kids are around. Melted in or on a dish no child would even notice that it was different.'
Booja Booja Hazelnut Crunch Truffles
'Great balance of flavour between hazelnut and chocolate - great quality.’ ‘Feels luxurious - good even shape, delicate taste but good crunch of hazelnuts.’ 'Very pure ingredients - really lovely flavour and melts so well in the mouth.'
Tesco Free From 4 Chocolate Eclairs
'Very clever product. A bit sweet for me but looked and tasted exactly like the real thing.’ ‘Really light pastry.’ 'Very clever - looks so great – especially the milk chocolate topping. Brilliant taste.'
Ugo Thrive Pumpkin & Sage Raviolini
‘No Top 14 allergens in a filled pasta! Absolutely stunning – even seems a reasonable price. Would happily buy it for whole family.’ 'Great flavour, holds together really well, cooks well and works on its own or with a sauce of your choice.’
- The Innovation Award – Sponsored by Food Matters Live
- Retailer of the Year Award – Sponsored by Oakland International
- Best Product from a Start Up – Sponsored by Tesco
- Freefrom Hero – Sponsored by Lucy Bee
If you have any queries or would like to talk to us about the awards - please email Michelle or Cressida or call on +44 (0)20 7722 2866
- Breakfast foods – Sponsored by Integrated Food Projects Ltd
- Milk Product Alternatives – Sponsored by House
- Breads – Sponsored by Ilumi
- Store cupboard – Sponsored by Genius Gluten Free
- Superfoods and sports supplements – Sponsored by Tiana Fair Trade Organics
- ‘Food to go’ and food for vending – Sponsored by the Allergy+FreeFrom Show
- Pasta and Pizza – Sponsored by Sacla
- Meaty & Fishy Ready Meals – Sponsored by SYNLAB
- Veggie ready meals – Sponsored by Orgran
- No Top 14 – Sponsored for 2017 by the Anaphylaxis Campaign
- Products made with FODMAP Friendly ingredients – Sponsored by FODMAP Friendly
- Down the pub and the bar – Sponsored by the Asda
- Savoury Snacks and Crackers – Sponsored by Romer Labs
- Foods designed for children – Sponsored by FREEE by Doves Farm
- Tea Time! – Sponsored by Prewett's / Northumbrian Fine Foods
- Desserts and puddings – Sponsored by Mrs Crimbles
- Confectionery and chocolate – Sponsored by Wellaby's
- Bars – cereal, fruit, superfood, grain-free etc – Sponsored by Synergis Marketing
- FreeFrom Foods for Export – Sponsored by Delamere Dairy