Tea Time! – Sponsored by Prewett's / Northumbrian Fine Foods
For pictures from the evening go here.
For the blog go here.
For where to buy the winning products, go here.
Asda Free From Hot Cross Buns
'Delicious and moist – unlike others on the market. Light as well.’ ‘So unusual to find gluten, dairy and egg free hot cross buns – and tasting just like the normal gluten-filled ones!’ ‘Nice fruit content.'
The Gluten Free Kitchen Bakewell Tarts
'Flavour and smell delicious – melts in the mouth.’ ‘Great that it is free from gluten, wheat and milk – far superior to other free from Bakewell tarts l have tasted.’ ‘Good fluffy sponge, excellent crunchy gf pastry.'
Asda Free From Raspberry & Coconut Flapjack Slices
'Great that it is gluten, wheat, milk and egg free. Good taste of raspberry although the coconut crumbles easily. Lower in sugar than many others and really does taste like a flapjack.'
Tesco Free From 12 Rocky Road Mini Bites
'Attractive looking – free from gluten, wheat, milk and egg – brilliant! Excellent texture – very sweet but good taste of dark chocolate.'
The Conscientious Cook Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
'Rich and indulgent. Handmade – look expensive. Flavour of the coconut oil does come through.' 'Clean ingredients list. Crispy texture with soft chewy notes – delicious aroma.'
Asda Free From 8 Cranberry & Orange Oaty Cookies
'Attractive looking cookie – pleasant crumbly texture but the flavour of cranberry could be stronger. Good freefroms though.'
Marnie Searchwell Sugar-free Chocolate & Almond Cake
'Super rich chocolate cake – great that it is free of gluten but are sweeteners the answer to sugar? Rum gives it a great kick.'
Morrisons The Best Free From Shortbread Selection
'Attractive looking biscuits and good to see an attempt at producing gluten-free shortbread. Good lemon flavour and nice crisp texture.'
Nairn’s Chunky Biscuit Breaks Berry
'Good crisp texture. The blueberry and raspberry flavours come through well. Attractive appearance, good mouth, feel clean indredients list.'
- The Innovation Award – Sponsored by Food Matters Live
- Retailer of the Year Award – Sponsored by Oakland International
- Best Product from a Start Up – Sponsored by Tesco
- Freefrom Hero – Sponsored by Lucy Bee
If you have any queries or would like to talk to us about the awards - please email Michelle or Cressida or call on +44 (0)20 7722 2866
- Breakfast foods –Sponsored by Integrated Food Projects Ltd
- Milk Product Alternatives – Sponsored by House
- Breads – Sponsored by Ilumi
- Store cupboard – Sponsored by Genius Gluten Free
- Superfoods and sports supplements – Sponsored by Tiana Fair Trade Organics
- ‘Food to go’ and food for vending – Sponsored by the Allergy+FreeFrom Show
- Pasta and Pizza – Sponsored by Sacla
- Meaty & Fishy Ready Meals – Sponsored by SYNLAB
- Veggie ready meals – Sponsored by Orgran
- No Top 14 – Sponsored for 2017 by the Anaphylaxis Campaign
- Products made with FODMAP Friendly ingredients – Sponsored by FODMAP Friendly
- Down the pub and the bar – Sponsored by the Asda
- Savoury Snacks and Crackers – Sponsored by Romer Labs
- Foods designed for children – Sponsored by FREEE by Doves Farm
- Tea Time! – Sponsored by Prewett's / Northumbrian Fine Foods
- Desserts and puddings – Sponsored by Mrs Crimbles
- Confectionery and chocolate – Sponsored by Wellaby's
- Bars – cereal, fruit, superfood, grain-free etc – Sponsored by Synergis Marketing
- FreeFrom Foods for Export – Sponsored by Delamere Dairy