Milk Alternatives – Sponsored by House
For pictures from the evening go here.
For the blog go here.
For where to buy the winning products, go here.
Asda Free From Mature Cheddar Alternative
‘Really great melted. Not particularly strong taste but very pleasant and it melts well with no unpleasant smells! Great freefrom ingredient.’ ‘So useful – especially if kids are around. Melted in or on a dish no child would even notice that it was different.'
Bute Island Dairy Free Grated Mild Cheddar Style
‘Lovely texture – melts really well - so useful for toppings, pizzas - even cheese on toast! Excellent product.'
Tesco Lactose Free Mascarpone
‘Lovely flavour. Very smooth texture. Would work beautifully in cheesecake - and equally well in pasta.'
Vitalite Dairy Free Spread
‘Good buttery flavour for a dairy free spread. Great price point.’ 'Spreads well – and no aftertaste. Good that it is vitamin enriched.'
Tyne Chease Smoked Cashew Chease
'Aroma lovely – smells like chorizo! Texture nice and soft and spreadable. Pretty strong flavoured but a great artisan vegan cheese – if an expensive one!'
Nush Almond Milk Yoghurt Banoffee
'Great texture and lovely flavour – actually does tastes like banoffee! Nice to have coconut sugar instead of refined. Great for getting live cultures into children.
Ooomega 100% plant based Flax drink Original
'Looks and tastes like a Bailey’s with profile of low sugar.' 'Good on cereals. Certainly fills a gap for vegans without soya overloading. Not mad on the taste, but since it is fortified it is nutritionally beneficial.'
Tesco Free From Jalapeno & Chilli Cheddar – coconut oil alternative
'This tastes really good – full flavoured and not too spicy. Pretty much like the real thing.'
The Progressive Food Company Individual Long Life Soya Milk Portions
'Really good concept and great for putting in handbags or coffee shops. Looks like regular milk and does not split in hot drinks – excellent – and not too sweet.'
- The Innovation Award – Sponsored by Food Matters Live
- Retailer of the Year Award – Sponsored by Oakland International
- Best Product from a Start Up – Sponsored by Tesco
- Freefrom Hero – Sponsored by Lucy Bee
If you have any queries or would like to talk to us about the awards - please email Michelle or Cressida or call on +44 (0)20 7722 2866
- Breakfast foods –Sponsored by Integrated Food Projects Ltd
- Milk Product Alternatives – Sponsored by House
- Breads – Sponsored by Ilumi
- Store cupboard – Sponsored by Genius Gluten Free
- Superfoods and sports supplements – Sponsored by Tiana Fair Trade Organics
- ‘Food to go’ and food for vending – Sponsored by the Allergy+FreeFrom Show
- Pasta and Pizza – Sponsored by Sacla
- Meaty & Fishy Ready Meals – Sponsored by SYNLAB
- Veggie ready meals – Sponsored by Orgran
- No Top 14 – Sponsored for 2017 by the Anaphylaxis Campaign
- Products made with FODMAP Friendly ingredients – Sponsored by FODMAP Friendly
- Down the pub and the bar – Sponsored by the Asda
- Savoury Snacks and Crackers – Sponsored by Romer Labs
- Foods designed for children – Sponsored by FREEE by Doves Farm
- Tea Time! – Sponsored by Prewett's / Northumbrian Fine Foods
- Desserts and puddings – Sponsored by Mrs Crimbles
- Confectionery and chocolate – Sponsored by Wellaby's
- Bars – cereal, fruit, superfood, grain-free etc – Sponsored by Synergis Marketing
- FreeFrom Foods for Export – Sponsored by Delamere Dairy