The Innovation Award – Sponsored by Food Matters Live
For pictures from the evening go here.
For the blog go here.
For where to buy the winning products, go here.
The Progressive Food Company Individual Long Life 12g Soya Milk Portions
'Fantastic concept – a game changer, so impressed with this.’ 'Great innovation and convenience - and clever too as it does not curdle in hot tea.’ ‘Innovative - meets a real need.’ ‘Makes a day out possible!'
Ugo Thrive Pumpkin & Sage Raviolini
‘No Top 14 allergens in a filled pasta! Absolutely stunning – even seems a reasonable price. Would happily buy it for whole family.’ 'Great flavour, holds together really well, cooks well and works on its own or with a sauce of your choice.'
La Crèmerie Basil Rice Yoghurt
'Lovely texture and great taste – really impressed especially as no added sugar and no soya. It would work on its own or with other dishes. And no top 14!'
Manny’s Sauces Mannynaise
'Lovely lemon flavours – and can actually read and recognise all the ingredients. The fresh garlic is a great addition. Very versatile.'
Clive’s Pies Bombay Vegetables with Daal Tart
'Lovely looking tart – great balance of flavour – light pastry and good bite. So hard to find quiche-type products that are egg free. Okara an interesting addition.'
Oumph! The Chunk
'Excellent 'chicken' texture – very clever product but needs some sort of freefrom claims if entering the freefrom market.' 'Huge potential for vegetarian markets and for children's market as it could be broken down and puréed with other foods.'
Ape Snacks Crunchy Coconut Bites Natural
'Pleasant flavour – just the right balance of salt and coconut. Great for packed lunches or days out with the kids. Works well on its own or crushed up in yoghurt or porridge or puds. Really like this.'
BFree Bake at Home Triple Seeded Demi Baguette
'Looks great, nice yeasty aroma. A very reasonable crust which pulls apart nicely. Really great seedy inside – good ingredients.'
Tesco Free From Blue Cheese – coconut oil alternative
'Clever – really does look like a blue cheese. Initial taste is umami – good savoury ingredients – impressive that it is milk and gluten free.'
- The Innovation Award – Sponsored by Food Matters Live
- Retailer of the Year Award – Sponsored by Oakland International
- Best Product from a Start Up – Sponsored by Tesco
- Freefrom Hero – Sponsored by Lucy Bee
If you have any queries or would like to talk to us about the awards - please email Michelle or Cressida or call on +44 (0)20 7722 2866
- Breakfast foods –Sponsored by Integrated Food Projects Ltd
- Milk Product Alternatives – Sponsored by House
- Breads – Sponsored by Ilumi
- Store cupboard – Sponsored by Genius Gluten Free
- Superfoods and sports supplements – Sponsored by Tiana Fair Trade Organics
- ‘Food to go’ and food for vending – Sponsored by the Allergy+FreeFrom Show
- Pasta and Pizza – Sponsored by Sacla
- Meaty & Fishy Ready Meals – Sponsored by SYNLAB
- Veggie ready meals – Sponsored by Orgran
- No Top 14 – Sponsored for 2017 by the Anaphylaxis Campaign
- Products made with FODMAP Friendly ingredients – Sponsored by FODMAP Friendly
- Down the pub and the bar – Sponsored by the Asda
- Savoury Snacks and Crackers – Sponsored by Romer Labs
- Foods designed for children – Sponsored by FREEE by Doves Farm
- Tea Time! – Sponsored by Prewett's / Northumbrian Fine Foods
- Desserts and puddings – Sponsored by Mrs Crimbles
- Confectionery and chocolate – Sponsored by Wellaby's
- Bars – cereal, fruit, superfood, grain-free etc – Sponsored by Synergis Marketing
- FreeFrom Foods for Export – Sponsored by Delamere Dairy