Down the pub and the bar – Sponsored by the Asda
For pictures from the evening go here.
For the blog go here.
For where to buy the winning products, go here.
Gold - Beer
Autumn Brewing ALT BREW NO03 Dark Roast Stout
'This is lovely. I don’t normally like stout but this wins me over.’ ‘Wonderful stout colour: dark, bitter, chocolate, great depth of flavour.’ ’Deep smoky aroma - good bitterness at the end.’ ‘Would make a great treacle cake!'
Daura Marzen Double Malted Beer
‘Rich, malty flavours - very well balanced beer.’ ‘Fantastic aroma - and great rich, strong taste. The sweetness comes through but does not overpower.’ ‘Fruity, full bodied and full of flavour.'
Magic Rock Brewing Fantasma IPA can
‘Very fruit smell - unusual.’ ‘Quite bitter but very tasty - citrusy.’ 'Quite different and I can see this being very popular.'
Silver – Beer
Driftwood Spars Unexpected
'Pale golden colour, fluffy white head, pleasant aroma. Decent mouthfeel, good carbonation. Bitterness remains in a pleasant way – some hoppy notes.'
Autumn Brewing ALT BREW NO02 English Pale Ale
'Fantastic smell – rich and beautiful colour. Treacley taste, yet light. Malt comes through – full of flavour.' 'Nice hop notes on aftertaste.'
Black Isle Brewery Session IPA Goldfinch
'Quite hoppy and bitter – good low alcohol option. A nice smooth drink – can I have some more?'
Brass Castle Brewery Sunshine IPA can
'Good, well balanced citrus flavours. Clean and crisp with quite a bitter aftertaste. Tastes like a traditional beer.'
Daura Pilsner Lager (can)
'Rich golden colour and nice white head. Lovely carbonation and mouthfeel – refreshing. Dry-ish end – leaves me wanting more!'
Bronze – Beer
Monty's Brewery Dark Secret
'Good appearance, aroma, mouthfeel and taste – sustained flavour. Could do with slightly more bitterness but great chocolate malt flavour. Overall a very nice stout.'
Hop Back Brewery Taiphoon Lemongrass Beer
'Very pleasant aroma. Good flavour – neither lemongrass nor coriander dominate. I think it would work well with food.'
- The Innovation Award – Sponsored by Food Matters Live
- Retailer of the Year Award – Sponsored by Oakland International
- Best Product from a Start Up – Sponsored by Tesco
- Freefrom Hero – Sponsored by Lucy Bee
If you have any queries or would like to talk to us about the awards - please email Michelle or Cressida or call on +44 (0)20 7722 2866
- Breakfast foods –Sponsored by Integrated Food Projects Ltd
- Milk Product Alternatives – Sponsored by House
- Breads – Sponsored by Ilumi
- Store cupboard – Sponsored by Genius Gluten Free
- Superfoods and sports supplements – Sponsored by Tiana Fair Trade Organics
- ‘Food to go’ and food for vending – Sponsored by the Allergy+FreeFrom Show
- Pasta and Pizza – Sponsored by Sacla
- Meaty & Fishy Ready Meals – Sponsored by SYNLAB
- Veggie ready meals – Sponsored by Orgran
- No Top 14 – Sponsored for 2017 by the Anaphylaxis Campaign
- Products made with FODMAP Friendly ingredients – Sponsored by FODMAP Friendly
- Down the pub and the bar – Sponsored by the Asda
- Savoury Snacks and Crackers – Sponsored by Romer Labs
- Foods designed for children – Sponsored by FREEE by Doves Farm
- Tea Time! – Sponsored by Prewett's / Northumbrian Fine Foods
- Desserts and puddings – Sponsored by Mrs Crimbles
- Confectionery and chocolate – Sponsored by Wellaby's
- Bars – cereal, fruit, superfood, grain-free etc – Sponsored by Synergis Marketing
- FreeFrom Foods for Export – Sponsored by Delamere Dairy