Winners of the 2016 awards
presented by Antony Worrall Thompson
on 26th April 2016
at the Royal College of Physicians in London
Click here for details of the 2016 judges; Click here for the 2016 shortlist.
For where to buy all of this year's winners, see here.
Breakfast Foods – Sponsored by Asda
Nutribix Gluten Free
'So very clever – a real Weetabix lookalike! Not easy to make – but crunchy and very satisfying. Fab ingredients – 96% wholegrain sorghum!!! High protein too. Love the way it has been blended. What a fab idea – it really deserves to be a winner!!'
Goodness Grains Gluten Free Apple & Cinnamon Danish Pastry
'Fantastic to find a gluten, egg and nut-free baked product – so rare. Great taste and texture; lovely crispness. What a shame they could not manage to also make it milk free.'
Nutural World Hazelnut & Carob Spread
'Thick, glossy, dark brown, nutty and crunchy – appealing. Tastes a little bitter but has a good consistency – quite indulgent. Had expected a nuttier and more carob flavour from the name, but good ingredients.'
Rollagranola Spiced Pecan Tonic Granola
'Really different flavour really and very enjoyable although the massive pieces of fruit and nut make it quite hard to eat! Spiced pecan is lovely but not too sure about the orange peel...'
Rude Health Sprouted Porridge Oats
'Looks just like super wholesome porridge – but the sprouted oats pieces have a surprisingly different texture which almost bursts in the mouth. Good flavour.'
BFree Multiseed Bagels
'Fabulous to find a wheat, egg and nut-free bagel, they are so hard to find. Looks great, with wholesome ingredients but very 'treacly' and smells quite earthy.'
Bonsoy Soya Milk
'Creamy tasting for soya milk, neither sweet or salty – good flavour although a slightly dry aftertaste.'
Good Hemp Original (Milk Alternative)
'Nice. Not too sweet – I would happily drink neat as it is not chalky. Good that it is calcium enriched and free from dairy, soya, gluten and refined sugar but slightly bitter aftertaste.'
Tesco Free From Fruity Strawberry Soya Fromage Frais Alternative
'Rich, refreshing flavour. A little artificial-tasting but think this would be enjoyed by all. Strong strawberry aroma.'
Rollagranola Healthy Hazelnut Granola
'Heavy cinnamon flavour, pleasantly nutty and nice clean ingredients list for allergens – but hard to chew. More-ish and good that there is no added sugar.'
The Coconut Collaborative Coconut Milk Blueberry Yoghurt
'Really nice flavour – not too sweet and just the right texture – but a lot of extra ingredients, several of which could cause problems for multi-allergy sufferers.'
The Innovation Award – Sponsored by Food Matters Live
Retailer of the Year Award – Sponsored by Oakland International
Start Ups & Small Producers – Sponsored by Tesco
- Breakfast foods – Sponsored by Asda
- Breads – Sponsored by Udi's
- Store cupboard – Sponsored by Genius Gluten Free
- Pasta and Pizza – Sponsored by Gluten Free Cuppa Tea
- Raw Foods – Sponsored by Genon Laboratories
- Superfoods and sports supplements – Sponsored by Tiana Fair Trade Organics
- ‘Food to go’ and food for vending – Sponsored by Tesco
- Down the pub and the bar –Sponsored by the Food and Drink Innovation Network
- Meaty & Fishy Ready Meals –Sponsored by Mrs Crimbles
- Veggie ready meals – Sponsored by Goodness Direct
- Foods suitable for treenut and peanut allergics – Sponsored by Wellaby's
- Foods designed for children – Sponsored by Delamere Dairy
- Tea Time! – Sponsored by Integrated Food Projects Ltd
- Desserts and puddings – Sponsored by Romer Labs UK
- Confectionery and chocolate – Sponsored by Free From Market
- Bars – cereal, fruit, superfood, grain-free etc – Sponsored by Holland & Barrett
If you have any queries or would like to talk to us about the awards - please email Michelle or Cressida or call on +44 (0)20 7722 2866