Tree Nut and Peanut Free
Tree Nut and Peanut Free Category
Whilst we welcome entries that are free from multiple allergens, this category is all about acknowledging the growing number of products that have invested in developing and manufacturing a nut safe product.
Entries here have to be free from both tree nuts and peanuts and with no precautionary allergen labelling (PAL) for either.
From cereals and breads to cakes & bars, a diverse category and one we want to be the ‘go to’ for those seeking delicious nut safe options.
To ensure this category is representative of the entries we receive, there will this year be two entry routes:
- Main Category Entry – this may be a product that contains other allergens but is tree nut and peanut free or the USP of the product is the fact that it is nut safe.
- Supplementary Category Entry – if you have a tree nut & peanut free product that you are entering into a main food / drink category, there will be the option for you to enter it here as well. There will be a supplementary charge of £75 and samples will need to be provided for judging.
How to enter
The Entry Process
To submit your product you will need to EITHER:
1. Enter it into Tree Nut and Peanut Free category (click to enter) where it will be assessed as a standard entry.
The cost to enter your product into the Tree Nut and Peanut Free category is detailed on the Free From Awards 2024 page.
2. Enter your product into one of the other Main Categories, and THEN as a supplementary entry (click to enter). The supplementary entry comprises six further questions about your food product, covering:
- your free from claims and PAL
- your food testing processes
- your processing facilities
The cost to enter the Tree Nut and Peanut Free Supplementary category, per product, is £75.
The Judging Process
The judging process will be as per all other categories – read more here.
The Results Process
The results will be announced at the Presentation Party in June 2024, as per all other categories.