To qualify for entry to the Free From Christmas Awards, all entries
- must be free of at least one of the top 14 UK-listed major allergens
- must be commercially available nationwide in the run up to and during Christmas 2022, i.e. sold through independent retailers, online or a multiple retailer.
- must be available to buy from a valid UK website (except for in-store only retailers).
The full Terms and Conditions of entry into the Free From Awards can be found here. By submitting an entry you are agreeing to our Terms & Conditions.
- Entry opens mid-July, date TBC
- Entry deadline 5pm Friday September 9th – but you will be able to edit product entry forms until 5pm Friday 16th September
- Judging takes place Monday September 26th – Friday 7th October
- Medal Winners shared with entrants Wednesday 19th October
- Virtual Awards Presentation Party 7pm Tuesday 1st November
- Product feedback available on request
- £185 + VAT per product (Big Brand); £105 + VAT per product if you have 3 or fewer employees (Small Brand)
- 10% discount on entry forms received before half way deadline
The Entry Process
If you need any help with your entry, please email us or phone 07790869706. There is a real person at the end of this line, so if there is no answer please leave a message or send a text, and you will get a reply.
First step – registering yourself or logging in
Head over to the top right of the website, and click on Account Logins. Select ‘Log in to Free From Christmas Awards’.
- Create an account making sure to enter all contact details correctly.
- Log in to your existing account and make sure all details remain up to date.
Second step – selecting categories and submitting entry information
Go to the Entry Page and select which categories you’d like to enter
For each product, create a new entry form and fill in the approx 15 mandatory questions
You can save the form as you go, and come back to edit it up until Friday 16th September – the entry forms can be found in your account in ‘Saved’ on the lefthand side.
Submit the entry form – at this point the cost for the entry will be added to your basket
Third step – making payment
Please make payment via debit card or credit card. You will receive a VAT invoice once payment has been made
If you wish to pay another way, please click ‘Send me and Invoice’
You’re now entered into the Free From Christmas Awards
You can see all your entries in your account. Simply log in, and click on ‘Complete’ on the lefthand side where you will see all your entries.
The Judging Process
Sending in Samples
Once you have submitted your entry forms you will receive an email with the following details:
Judging category dates – the exact date and time of each judging session
Delivery dates for samples – a window of about 7 days within which we can receive your samples
Please mark clearly how you would like your product to be stored: Ambient, Chilled or Frozen. We have fridges, freezers and cool stores suitable for all types of storage
Amounts you will be required to send – please do not send less than we ask for – all leftovers will be distributed to our partner City Harvest
Delivery address with precise location and instructions
You must make sure your product will be within date (shelf life has not expired) at the time of judging
The Judging Sessions
Our judging sessions are run with 4 – 6 expert judges – read more about our wonderful judges!
Products are judged blind and are made up by kitchen cooks to the instructions on pack – read more about the judging sessions.
Our judges can see the mandatory fields you have filled in for each product, and can read any of the extra details you have provided if they so wish.
The Results Process
Once the results are in, we will inform all entrants of the shortlist and medal winners. This is to allow entrants to make the most of their wins on packaging, in social media and on websites in the run up to Christmas.
If you haven’t yet signed the NDA, please make sure you do so by Friday 16th September – it is located in your account.
Logos will be available here to download and use on your product, along with usage guidelines.
The Virtual Awards Presentation Party takes place on November 1st at 7pm – details of how to login and buy yourself a ticket will be posted here nearer the time.
Please sign up to our mailing list below, and follow our Social Media platforms to keep up to date: