How to enter
FreeFrom Food Awards #FFFA21 Key Dates
- Entry opens on Monday 21st September 2020
- Early bird 10% discount ends on 31st October 2020
- Entry closes on Sunday 6th December 2020
- Judging takes place January/February 2021
- Shortlist published mid-February 2021
- Awards’ Presentation party is on 27th April 2021
- To qualify for entry to the FreeFrom Food Awards, all entries must be free of at least one of the 14 major allergens
- All entries must be available nationwide either in retail or by mail order by the 1st March 2021.
- All entries submitted for judging must be products on sale to the public and not pre-production samples.
Some of the benefits of entering
- Your brand will be welcomed and featured on our popular social media pages.
- You’ll get a FreeFrom Food Awards entrant logo, and if you win, winners’ logos to use in your marketing and communication.
- You’ll receive an invitation to our legendary FreeFrom networking Awards’ Presentation party.
- You’ll get free valuable feedback on your products from our expert judges.
- You’ll join a large community of mutually supportive yet competitive freefrom brands!
- Sharing your awards involvement on social media creates a journey that customers can follow, building brand awareness.
How to enter
- Please read the rules of the awards first. It is a condition of entry that all entrants will be bound by these rules. If you have any queries, please contact us.
- Then decide on which category/categories you wish to enter – see here for the full list.
- Register and complete the company details form. You will find a section for companies with more than three employees and a section for companies with fewer than three employees. Please be sure you choose the right one.
- Complete the company details form and make your payment. Once your payment has been made, you will be redirected to the product entry forms – please complete one form per product entered.
What happens next?
- Once we receive notification that you have entered and paid, we will email you an ‘entrant’ logo for you to use on your site and in your social media posts.
- We will welcome you on our social media channels. Our hashtag is #FFFA21
Judging and beyond
- Judging takes place during January /February.
- Samples will need to arrive early-mid January. We will tell you when & where to send them after entry closes.
- Do not send samples now.
- Entered products are presented to independent expert judges for their comments and scores, and the shortlist and winners are decided with Gold, Silver and Bronze medals available in each category. More info on judging here
- The Gold winners of each category are taken forward to a separate judging in which the Overall Best FreeFrom Product of the Year is determined.
- Once the judging sessions are complete we will announce the Shortlist.
- Invitations to the Awards’ Presentation will be sent out late February.
- Entering the awards entitles each brand to one free ticket to the awards presentation party.
- The party is a networking event where drinks & freefrom canapés will be served.
- The winners of the awards will be announced during the evening.
- The Overall Best FreeFrom Product of the Year will be presented with a trophy.
- Once the presentations are over, all the Winning products will be showcased in the Winner’s Buffet bought for the event by our undercover secret shoppers.
And after the Awards' Presentation?
- We will email winners’ logos to all winning brands.
- We will issue press releases about the awards and winners, and encourage all winners to publicise their wins.
- We will support winners and entrants where we can through social media. Our hashtag is #FFFA21.
- Photographs of the presentation and party will be available free for you to download and use.
- Feedback on all your entered products is available in the weeks after the awards.