Winners of the 2013 awards
presented by Antony Worrall Thompson
on Tuesday, 16th April
at the Royal College of Physicians in London
Click here for downloadable, web-quality images of the presentation.
Click here for downloadable, print quality images of the presentation or to buy prints.
Click here for the presentation speech; click here for Alex's Gazzola's report of the evening
Click here for details of the 2013 judges, here for a report on judging the gluten-free beer category and here for a report on judging the new children's category.
Click here for the 2013 shortlist
Bessant & Drury Lemon Dairy Free Frozen Dessert
Winner of the FAIR Trophy for the best free-from food 2013
Bessant & Drury Lemon, Dairy Free Frozen Dessert
‘Lovely dairy-free ice creamy substitute – you would never know it was dairy-free and, to be honest, you would never know that it was coconut either as the coconut flavour is cleverly held in check by the lemon.
Very innovative to use coconut as the base, and very clever indeed to get it so creamy. A beautifully clean ingredients list and a lovely zingy fresh taste.
How great to have a product which excludes all of the major allergens yet both looks and tastes like a fully fledged, upmarket, luxury food. Definitely the way to go for 'freefrom’.'
Christine’s Puddings Frangipane Tart
‘Lovely crunchy pastry base, especially as it is gluten and dairy free. Delicious frangipane topping – great almond aroma and flavour, soft and not too sweet – and good jam. Excellent product all round – what a treat.’
The Indian Coeliac Paratha
What an exciting product! Lovely flavour and nice soft paratha texture – lovely spicing. Delicious.’
Lifestyle Catering Catalan Pork
'Lovely dish – a dinner in itself; a well thought out mix with all the flavours and none of the allergens; really quite exciting. Excellent ingredients, excellent appearance, excellent aroma, excellent flavour.’
- Plant (soya, rice, oat, nut, potato) 'milk', spread, cheese and dessert
- Freefrom breakfast cereals
- Freefrom breads and bread mixes
- Grocery ambient/store cupboard – pasta & pizza bases and sauces, flour stock etc
- Freefrom foods manufactured for food service – savoury and sweet
- Freefrom ready meals: pizzas, pies and pasties; one pot meals to include 'world food'; meat meal centres
- Raw foods and superfoods
- Freefrom children's food
- Freefrom savoury biscuits and snacks
- Freefrom scones, sweet tarts, sweet biscuits and cookies
- Freefrom cakes, cake mixes and cupcakes
- Chocolate and snack bars
- Christmas foods
- Gluten-free beer – non-barley based and barley based
- Products manufactured in a nut-free environment
If you have any queries or would like to talk to us about the awards - please email
Michelle or Cressida or call on 020 7722 2866